Re: 76 TR6 Overdrive<cae794b1.3550a58f@aol.com>

To: JDCampa <JDCampa@aol.com>
Subject: Re: 76 TR6 Overdrive<cae794b1.3550a58f@aol.com>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 09:52:45 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
>My overdrive is engaging in reverse.

If it's engaged in reverse then the one way bearing is most probably toast!!

This weekend I'm going to remove the
>seats, carpets, and transmission cover to gain access to tranny and O.D from
>the top.  How do I mechanically "disengage" the O.D. without taking it off or
>apart so that I can at least drive the car until I have time for a more
>permanent fix?

I did read somewhere, can't remember where unfortunately, that you can
disengage them by fitting a grease nipple(OK, you lot call 'em zerks for some
strange reason!! :-)) somewhere, and pumping oil in with an oil/grease gun.
Sorry I just can't remember where the damn nipple fitted!!  Not a lot of use
eh!!! :-)

Rich