Re: Steering Wheels

To: Terry Thompson <tethompson@teligentinc.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Steering Wheels
From: "Kevin B. Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 09:17:18 -0400
I bought a lovely wood/aluminum Motolita wheel for my Spit - the adapter
did not change the position of the wheel at all. I actually went one inch
bigger than the stock 77 wheel, 14" rather than 13". I almost wish I had
gone to 15" - I like a big wheel. Too many Volvo's in my past I guess!
Looks and feels really nice, but they are fairly expensive (~$300?). I
originally bought one of the leather wheels from VB for $165, but that
wheel was dished rather than flat and put the rim too close for comfort
(6'2" ~275lbs short legs/long torso luckily - I am built for Italian cars).
At 6'3" - how do you fit?? ;-)

Kevin Rhodes
Freddy the Spit (mostly 77)