Re: New Modem Required

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: New Modem Required
From: "Bob Danielson" <rdaniels@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 22:39:59 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
As someone who runs the largest ISP in Connecticut I can tell you that the
new standard ONLY applies to 56K modems. The two current protocols, X2 and
56kflex will be "replaced" by the new V.90 protocol. Anyone with a 14.4,
28.8 or 33.6 modem will continue to connect at their current speeds.
Existing owners of 56K modems should check with their modem manufacturers to
see what upgrade options are available to them.
Bob Danielson
75 TR6 - status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD