Re: New Modem Required

To: tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net
Subject: Re: New Modem Required
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 21:10:37 -0600
Cc: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Tom,

Thats not really true, there is a new standard coming up, but, the
new standard is supposed to keep the old standards as subsets of the
enhanced version.  You might want to look into it a little deeper
before you buy another modem!!!

> I just talked to my brother in law who is a computer
> builder/repairman. He say that around September, EVERYONE will have
> to buy a new modem in order to be able to send and receive Internet
> email and data. How many of you are ready to shell out $XX to
> continue to have this service. Another planned obsolescence trick to
> keep the computer people spending money to keep up. Maybe your ISP
> would like to hear you say, "I'll just drop my internet service if I
> have to do that". What do you think?

Brad  (In Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Car is finally home and ready for
Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Frame back in garage and ready to
paint)