Re: TR4 Speedometer

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 Speedometer
From: Triumph_TR4@ridgecrest.ca.us (Darrell Leach)
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 20:02:39 -0700
Posted-date: Tue, 5 May 1998 19:59:28 -0700 (PDT)
>My TR4 speedometer has never worked, so a good used one is on my
>shopping list for Carlisle this weekend.  Mine shows 1184 for the turns
>per mile number on the face.  Is this the correct speedometer for a 1964
>non-overdrive TR4?.  Many thanks for any info on this matter.
>
>Thanks Again,  Ed Purcell

Hi Ed,

Well, both of my 1962 TR4s speedometers say 1184 on the lower center
of the face.  One car is OD the other is not.  I am not the original
owner of either, so cannot vouch for the originality of the speedos,
but there are other numbers on the face's that are different.  One of
them is a serial number, but the other may be a part number.  The maybe
part number, for the OD unit, is 209182, for the non-OD unit it is
208082.

Interestingly, the serial number (labeled S.N.) for each unit is about
1300 higher then the comm number for that vehicle, coincidence?  It has
to be.

So Long,

Darrell Leach,   KD6LRC   DM-15,   Ridgecrest, Ca
  email: Triumph_TR4@ridgecrest.ca.us
         http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~token/PAGE1.html
1962 TR-4 (CT5368LO)  Everyday
1962 TR-4 (CT13108L)
1965 Spitfire Mk 2
1967 Spitfire Mk 3   In work, lots of 1500 stuff
Keeper of the TR-4 List, Version 2.0 availible.