Re: brake servo painting - tr6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, peterz@merak.com
Subject: Re: brake servo painting - tr6
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Mon, 4 May 22:11:28 1998
Cc: rgb
Note the sequence of numbers with 2 letters on the top rear edge
and the inspection number stamped on the top.

You ARE going to replace these, correct?

Anyone know how to decode these, something like:

1976    42FF9386  Inspection code 2 in a rectangle
1972    16PJ9053  Inspection code 61 in a square smaller than above

The rubber stamp place clerk made perfect pads for $10, inc white ink.
(and he said I wasn't the first to bring a car to the stamp shop...)

Without the proper code, you'll never be able to keep the brakes
bleed, this is a fact, I heard it on the Web...  I've heard of folks
using the wrong number on a car and having the brakes fall off....
(so don't ask to borrow my stamp if your numbers are gone)

This is serious stuff!  If you know the answer to this one, how about
the inspection numbers painted on the block?

Roger

--
Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com 512-794-9567, FAX 512-345-2879