brake servo painting - tr6

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: brake servo painting - tr6
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 10:41:58 -0600
I have just ordered a new master cylinder from Apple. In the meantime I
will be doing some prep work to that part of the car. One of the items
on my list is to repaint the brake servo (I have the usual stripped
paint from a slowly leaking MC).

I plan to remove the servo from the car for this work. My questions are:

1. How should I strip off the old paint without affecting the inner
workings of the servo? (I plan to try sealing or taping up the openings
but wonder if I should pay attention to anything else).

2. For painting, is the above sealing/taping of openings sufficient? Or
should greater precautions be used to maintain the functionality?

3. Should the servo be primed prior to painting? Or is paint on metal
adequate?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)