63? Herald 1200 convertible

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 63? Herald 1200 convertible
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 18:18:52 -0600
Cc: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Listers,

I've come across a Herald 1200 convertible that is available.  Its
about 98% complete, does not appear to ever have been in a major
accident, interior is mostly intact although some panels have rotted
away, softtop about 3 years old or so, floor boards would probably
need replacing, rear lower valence is dented real good and would need
replacing.  I could only find a few signs of bondo in the body.  In
general the sheet metal is pretty darn straight and there doesn't
seem to be any major cancer to the body.  The bonnet on the drivers
side doesn't close properly and the sheet metal is somewhat misshaped
there.  Engine runs but don't know how well it runs.

The comm # is in the 69000 range if I remember right.

What would a herald in this condition be worth?  How many were
imported into the states?  If I decide not to buy it is anyone else
out there interested?  The car is located in Lincoln Nebraska.

My biggest problem with buying it is storage space.  I have two LBC's
now and a 51 dodge that is currently occupying a good portion of my
garage.  I suppose worst case I could rent a storage garage. (oh no,
more money!!)

TIA

Brad  (In Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Car is finally home and ready for
Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Frame back in garage and ready to
paint)