Spitfire for sale

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire for sale
From: vees@erols.com
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 20:06:46 -0400
Hello:
  I don't know why I didn't think of this method before.  I seem to move
from one resto project to another, always making the car better than I
bought it.  I moved from Colorado to Washington D.C. last year and could
not bring my Spitfire with me.  So here it is:  79, no rust, body
restored and repainted the original forest green, fresh chrome bumbers
replace the rubber ones, new windshield, coverlay, nice grey sheepskins
cover seats I've never seen so I can't attest to their condition, new
door seal rubber and fuzzy seals, new door top trim, top is in good -
exellent condition.  Windshield wiper-squirter stalk broke and I
couldn't find a replacement, so I installed toggles on the dash.  They
work fine, but need finish work.  Added an oil cooler and a rocker
oiling line and moved the battery to the trunk (really lessens the
understeer), otherwise engine is stock.  Camber is negative front and
rear. Car sits low (Jag springs in front).  New brakes and master
cylinder recently rebuilt.  Spare parts including eight TR-7 wheels, new
pinion seal, a driveline, some various suspension parts.  Besides
several autocrosses I didn't drive the car that much.  It says around 30
on the clock, but that could mean.....  I know the engine was replaced,
because I viewed the  original block (with a two-fist sized hole in the
side) and decided it wasn't worth saving.  The car is presently sitting
at Country Motors in Colorado Springs, Colorado on consignment.  Phone
number is (719) 392-6000, ask for George or Carolyn.  Also, I can e-mail
three .bmps if you're interested in seeing the car.  I can be reached at
vees@erols.com .

Thanks
Mike