Re: Never been there, Never done that

To: Brian Neuschwander <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Never been there, Never done that
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 03 May 1998 21:33:34 -0700
Cc: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Brian,
Perhaps the easiest paint to work with is Acrylic Lacquer, because it
dries on contact and therefore is difficult to get runs.  Defects can be
compounded out easily and you can achieve great results by applying
several coats and after it is the way you want it, apply 2 or 3 clear
coats and then compound to a great shine.

You will need a well vented paint area, preferably with a good exhaust
fan, otherwise the over spray particles falling onto the fresh paint
will ruin the job.

You will also need a good gun, a compressor that will provide a constant
40 psi output and an inline dryer that will remove all the moisture from
the air.  Then Practice, practice, practice.

Good luck,
Joe Curry

--

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer