Re: TR6 Brake Lights

To: "mxgo" <mxgo@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Brake Lights
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 22:19:20 -0600 (MDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Martin,

        Three things you migh want to try.

        1) Get new bulbs
        2) Using a fine sandpapaer, get off all the oxides on the socket and
bulbs
        that have accumulated over the years
        3) The new brake lenses are made of thinner plastic (from MOSS). I don't
        know if that means better or worse. But the brightness, and
therefore, the difference
        in brightness when the brakes are applied, will be different. I had
to buy
        a lense because New Jersey DMV flunked my '72 TR6 during inspection
for the reflector
        portion of the lense didn't reflect enough light.

        Hope this helps,
        Jeff N.

At 06:25 PM 5/3/98 -0700, you wrote:

>While the brake lights on my TR6 work properly, they are, however, barely
>brighter than the running lights.  So if I use the brake lights at night,
>cars behind me can not tell when my car has stopped.  Any ideas?
>
>Martin
>73 TR6
>San Jose, CA

Jeff C. Nathanson
Director of Product Development
Manufacturing Systems & Technologies, Inc.