RE: Hardtop Storage

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Hardtop Storage
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 12:00:30 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
All this talk about hardtop storage and it is something I hadn't thought
about on the new project.   Yesterday I pulled the body off the chassis
to take it to bead blasting.   I used 4 - 4x4x30's with an eyebolt in
them across a pair of rafters in the garage.  They were placed at about
the same location that the top will be sitting.  I used the ratchet type
tie down straps that I used to bring the project home.   The only
problem was the short lifting capabilities because of the small ratchet.
Could only do about 6" at a time and then had to re-brace and adjust.  I
wish I had gotten the pulleys as described below.   May do so before it
comes back.    Then I'll be all set to handle the top which is going to
bead blasting also.

Later,
Carl F. Musson
TS25264L - borrowing the engine/tranny from
TS81802LO - body off restoration in progress...
Tampa, Florida (USA)
E-Mail: Musson@arts.usf.edu <mailto:Musson@arts.usf.edu>
http://www.arts.usf.edu/~musson/triumph/
<http://www.arts.usf.edu/~musson/triumph/>  (update in progress)
(pix of separated body and chassis coming soon...)