RE: tonneau cover

To: "'Joe Curry'" <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: RE: tonneau cover
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 21:51:18 -0700
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Joe,

Thanks for this tip (you are actually the second one). I never thought
of it until you guys suggested it but of course it makes perfect sense.
If I have trouble with the cover in the warmer weather, I will
definitely give the hair dryer trick a try.

One thing which puzzles me about all this "fitting" of tonneaus, what
kind of stress is imposed on the dash mounted pegs when a "stretched
with heat" cover begins to cool? Does the vinyl retain some of the
stretch in a more permanent way? If not I can envision the pegs being
over-stressed and then the dash gets the effect. Any opinions?

Thanks as usual,

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada