Re: Mk. II spit overdrive trine

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Mk. II spit overdrive trine
From: "Scott Hall" <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 11:01:12 -0500
fred,

the vb catalog (the only one I could get for early spits) doesn't list the
input shaft.  it shows it in the diagram, but doesn't have a number for it,
so I wasn't sure if there was a difference between the two.  it does list a
'1st motion shaft' for the later spits and that points to what looks like
the input shaft, but again, that's the later spits.  it also lists a
mainsheet for early spits, and that does differ from o/d to non-o/d.

I'll bet our Vt. president and small chassis expert knows this one...  how
'bout it Andy?  I'd call Nigel at spitballs, but I figure it'd be bad form
to ask about something I'm not buying from him.

Scott