Re: Tonneau Covers for TR6

To: wlsmith@idt.net
Subject: Re: Tonneau Covers for TR6
From: tr6guy@juno.com (Joseph J Burlein)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 23:15:16 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I don't know what year that Triumph put the snaps on the seats, but I can
say that I have owned two early 72s and one early 71 and all there had
the stud on the passenger seat for the tonneau covers.  The covers that
came with the car (I the original I recently purchased with a 73 date on
it) also had the strap to go to the seat.  Hope this helps a little.
Joe Burlein
72 TR-6

Real cars are designed to carry only two people,
anything else is just a bus.

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998 13:00:29 -0500 William Smith <wlsmith@idt.net>
writes:

>I just purchased a new Robbins tonneau cover for my "72 TR6 from The
>Roadster Factory.  When I unpacked it, I found that it only came with
>17
>metal snaps (in addition to the four "lift the dot" snaps that attach
>the top of the dash).  The packaging of 17 such snaps by the
>manufacturer was intentional since the parts list with the cover
>stated
>that there were 17 snaps enclosed.
>
>The problem is that my car (which is original, I am the original
>owner,
>and I still have the original convertable top) has 19 snaps!  In
>addition, when I bought my car in 1972, I bought an Amco tonneau cover
>which, at that time, had the snaps pre-installed.  That cover had
>nineteen snaps and fit my car perfectly.
>
>Roadster factory is being very nice about it and are sending me the
>two
>additional snaps free of charge.  However, I am curious.
>
>  Did any TR6's come originally with only 17 snaps?
>  If so, what years?
>  If so, from where were the two snaps omitted?  My car has 3 snaps
>on     each door and 13 on the convertable top.
>
>Also in a previous thread on TR6 tonneau covers, the was a discussion
>about a strap on the cover which snaps onto a snap at the side of the
>passenger seat.  Again, although my car is original, I have no such
>snap
>on the passenger seat, and my Amco cover had no strap.  What year(s)
>did
>Triumph put those snaps on?
>
>Thanks in advance for satisfying my curiousity.
>
>Bill Smith

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]