Re: Spitfire propeller shaft

To: Larry Hooven <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire propeller shaft
From: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 23:47:01 -0500
Cc: HMENTZEN@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Well, I guess I don't know.  TRF spit 1500 parts catalog (page 28) list the
two as "earlier and later" types.  With regard to the "later" style, they
list a part # for models up to FM110572 and a part # for models after
FM110572.
The Vickey Brit catalog (page 127) says the flexible coupling model was for
FM110572 and beyond -- further stating that the "earlier" style (up to
FM110572) is no longer available.
The Haynes manual states that "on vehicles equipped with o/d, a slightly
modified type of propeller shaft is fitted which incorporates a resilient
coupling....."

Ed