Unisyn Tool -Reply

To: Brad.Kahler@141.com, 74137.3420@compuserve.com
Subject: Unisyn Tool -Reply
From: Martin Wilson <martinw@fmc.gov>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 15:58:20 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I am a little behind in my mail, so if this has been addressed, sorry to
repeat, but one major point to be made in the use of the uni-syn is
before you begin to adjust the carbs, you must first undo the linkage
between the two carbs so each adjustment moves independently of the
other carb. otherwise, left intact, an adjustment to one carb would adjust
the other carb too!!

JMHO

marty wilson
78 spitfire
Bowie, MD

>>> Tomislav Marincic <74137.3420@compuserve.com> 02/20/98
09:17am >>>
        Brad,

        RE:" I have one and at idle the little doohickie hardly moves off
the bottom.  Can't tell a thing unless you have higher rpms."

        Sounds like you haven't adjusted the tool properly. The circular
ventiri device rotates, and you're supposed to screw it down until you get
a mid-range reading at idle, then adjust the other carb. Rotating the
venturi adjusts the sensitivity of the tool.
<snip>