Re: Unisyn Tool

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Unisyn Tool
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 06:47:30 -0800
> RE:" I have one and at idle the little doohickie hardly moves off
>the bottom.  Can't tell a thing unless you have higher rpms."
>
>        Sounds like you haven't adjusted the tool properly. The circular
>ventiri device rotates, and you're supposed to screw it down until you get
>a mid-range reading at idle, then adjust the other carb. Rotating the
>venturi adjusts the sensitivity of the tool.
>
>        I own a Unisyn, and I concur that they are not essential if you're
>adept at listening to the hiss. They do work perfectly well on our cars at
>idle, however.
**************************************
Well, unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't get the thing to register
hardly anything at idle.  I've screwed the adjuster down, up, around,
almost till it fell off blocked the opening, made sure the seal was working
and not blocking any critical holes, still couldn't get the thing to work
correctly.  Mine, when I got it, had one of the screws holding the adjuster
bridge down stripped, and overall, I felt the quality was rather low, and I
was rather disappointed.  I went back to the tried and true hose method,
which has served me well all these years.  That was my experience with it.
I'm glad others have had better success with it than I had, but makes me
kinda wonder what I was doing different or possibly what was different with
my unit??

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (project)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler, rain vehicle)