Unisyn Tool

To: Brad Kahler <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: Unisyn Tool
From: Tomislav Marincic <74137.3420@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 09:17:52 -0500
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
        Brad,

        RE:" I have one and at idle the little doohickie hardly moves off
the bottom.  Can't tell a thing unless you have higher rpms."

        Sounds like you haven't adjusted the tool properly. The circular
ventiri device rotates, and you're supposed to screw it down until you get
a mid-range reading at idle, then adjust the other carb. Rotating the
venturi adjusts the sensitivity of the tool.

        I own a Unisyn, and I concur that they are not essential if you're
adept at listening to the hiss. They do work perfectly well on our cars at
idle, however.

        Best Regards,

        Tom Marincic
        CD3574L