Re: Canvas tops

To: "Robert (Bob) Coote" <bobcoote@logicallink.com>
Subject: Re: Canvas tops
From: Herb Hargraves <hargrave@somtel.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 21:00:25 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 03:58 PM 2/21/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Last summer In the Okanagan valley of British Columbia, I saw a TR6 with a
>black soft top that may have been a canvas material. It looked very good.
>I'd be interested to hear of experience with such tops and also leads to
>suppliers.
>
>Bob Coote
>Calgary.
>69 TR6
>72, 74, 75 Spitfires
>71 GT6

Hi Bob,

Last Spring I had the interior of my 77 Spitfire redone and I was going to
have a Robbins top put on but the guy who was doing my interior talked me
into a canvas top. That was the best decision because it make my Spit look
really great. The guy made the top himself out of some black  material had.
I am really satisfied with the workmanship and the quality. You could check
around at some of the shops in your area and see what they would do for you.
The material is waterproof and cleans up great. Also as you probably know it
will make you Brit car look like a million bucks.

Herb Hargraves
77 Spitfire
Canaan ME