Re: TR6 ZS carb problem

To: Chad Stretz <ccfarm@tranquility.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 ZS carb problem
From: Jim Davis <jhdavis@fia.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 22:19:57 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Chad,
The Temperature Compensator simply allows air into the mixing chamber as
the engine(carburetors) warm up, thus leaning the mxture for emissions
reasons.
The bypass valves allow air into the mixing chambers when there is a high
manifold vacuum during deceleration, thus leaning the mixture for emissions
reasons.
Your problem sounds like a vacuum leak is occuring or you've tried to
balance the carbs without loosening the connector so that they are working
against one another.
Good luck,
Jim Davis