Triumph Workshop Manuals -Haynes, etc., to SELL

To: Triumph News Group <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Triumph Workshop Manuals -Haynes, etc., to SELL
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 19:19:07 -0800
Cc: susan@grotecon.com
Okay Ladies and Gentlemen:

I had a day off today, so went around looking for manuals for TR's.  Not
much luck for the TR's, but found a good number for other Triumphs.  I
bought them, and hope that they will go quickly here.

There were more available, but I bought the ones that were of interest.
It seems, in the USA, "Haynes" was the publisher... and took the
first-in-line credit for their authorship... but the SAME manuals,
published in England... seem to have "J.L.S. Maclay" taking the primary
credit... with Haynes as photographer, etc.  It's interesting.
(These books can all be considered "Haynes Manuals")

Triumph Spitfire Owner's Workshop Manual by J.L.S. Maclay (Photos by
Haynes)
MK I, II, III, (1147 & 1296 cc), 1962 on...  condition:  cover a bit
shelf-beaten, minor damage, inside is like new, no dog-ears, etc.
$14.50  plus shipping

Triumph Vitesse, GT6, all models 1962 on (1596cc 1998cc) by J.L. S.
Maclay (Photos by Haynes) LIKE NEW $16.00 plus shipping

SAME BOOK AS ABOVE, but published by Haynes, Haynes taking authorship on
cover (with Maclay as co-author designated inside) and the Haynes LOGO
on the cover.  Like NEW $16.00 plus shipping.

Two interesting LITTLE Haynes publications.  They cave cool
troubleshooting flow charts and helpful information.    ALSO OF INTEREST
TO RESTORERS... they have a chapter of optional equipment available from
various after-market suppliers.   Approx. 9" tall by 6 3/4" wide by 3/8
thick :

Triumph Spitfire "Owners Handbook & Servicing Guide" All models 62 - 79,
LIKE NEW, $12.50 plus shipping.

Triumph 1300, 1300 TC, & 1500 fwd Owners Handbook,  Covers all front
wheel drive models 1965 to 1973, $12.50 plus shipping

I picked up these two books because they are from "Autopress, Ltd"
England...   In the USA, they had a different type of cover and were by
"Autobooks"....  These two are vinyle covered.

Triumph Herald 1969-70 Autobook, Workshop Manual for the Triumph Herald
1200, and 13/60, 1969 - 70, by Kenneth Ball, condition:  pages are new,
cover is dirty, probably can be cleaned off since it's vinyle.  $11.00
plus shipping

Triumph Vitesse 2 Litre Autobook, Workshop Manual for Triumph GT6 1969
to 70 and Vitesse 2 Litre, 1969 to 1970, by Kennth Ball, condition:
pages new, cover a little dirty, shelf-worn, $11.00 plus shipping

And from my own library... I don't need these:

Triumph Spitfire Owners Handbook, covers Spitfire Mark 1,2,and 3, Clymer
Publications, approx. 8" tall, 5" wide, and 3/4" thick 380 pages, very
informative, Condition, cover is beat, spine is taped, individual pages
are in great condition.  Very informative book.  I've never seen these
around anywhere.  $15.00 plus shipping.

To those of you that have a Jag or a friend with a Jag...

Chilton's Repair and Tune Up Guide Jaguar 340, 420, 420G, XKE (with a
fancy 7-color peel-away insert showing the details of the engine
(remember these?), approx. 10" tall, 6 3/4" wide, 1/2" thick, 126
pages.  Condition, shelf worn, a little dirty, pages are great.  $8.00
plus shipping.

If I don't get stuck with these books... I'll make this sort of effort
again.  I marked the books up only enough to cover a little of my time,
but feel I have kept them reasonable.

I will continue to look for Haynes for the TR... I have seen them!  I
know!

Please e-mail if interested in any of these books.

--Justin