Re: More cylinder head questions

To: Anthony Green <green@cygnus.com>
Subject: Re: More cylinder head questions
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 09:37:48 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Anthony,
During my own head problems (also cylinder head problems) I magaged to
purchase an original "STANPART" head gasket.  When I opened the package,
a little scrap of white paper fell out.  On it was a notation that went
something like this, "After installing the head, torque to the
recommended specification.  Start the engine and bring it up to
operating temperature.  WHile still warm, re-torque the head to the same
specification.  After 500 miles, again retorgue the head."  I did this
on my 1500 and my son's 1200 Mk2, and was surprised by the amount of
extra turns that had to be made to gain the correct torque.

Regards,
Joe Curry

--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing