More cylinder head questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More cylinder head questions
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 10:26:56 +1100 (EST)
Anthony,

At 06:38 17/02/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Later today, I plan on exposing those bolts and tightening them much
>further. Does this sound like a servicable plan?  Any tips?

I think you'd better take the head off and use a new gasket. Was the head
planed? If not, are you sure it was flat enough? What kind of sealant did
you use? (Many people swear by copper gasket spray).

I'll be doing this again, myself, soon. I reckon its the single-most
insomnia-inducing operation you can perform on a motor!

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia