Spitfire Fuel Pump

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire Fuel Pump
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 22:16:03 -0600
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
I have an original MK1 Spitfire fuel pump that I'm hoping to
reserect.  The diaphram is still somewhat supple, but I would imagine
that after sitting for 10 to 15 years it would probably give up the
ghost after a short run.  First question is, does anyone out there
know of a source for replacement diaphrams or failing that are there
enough similarities between diaphrams and the stems that I could cut
a larger one down to fit.  If thats a no go, what would be a
recommended method of reconditioning or softening up the diaphram
that I do have.

The other alternative would be someone out there who has a good
working unit for sale.

By the way, this list has been a god send to me.  Right now I'm only
a couple of weeks away from putting the Spitfire on the road after
ten years instead of the several months I had anticipated before I
found the list.

TIA

Brad

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (After 10 years will be on the road in
March!!!)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Needs Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Boxes & Boxes of parts right now)