Re: sticky reverse

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: sticky reverse
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 12:53:30 +1100 (EST)
At 19:52 13/02/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Thomas Carney wrote:
>>
>>   I have experienced a problem(as well as many others) on my GT6+
>> since it was brought back from the dead this winter.  Sometimes when
>> I put the car in reverse, and pull out, the shifter gets stuck in
>> reverse.  I have to turn the car off to get it out of gear.  This
>> only happens in reverse thank god.  What is causing this?
>
>  Sounds like it could be a clutch problem. Gearbox problems
>wouldn't go away when you shut the car off.
>
>  Is the clutch fully releasing?
>
>--
>Trevor Boicey
>Ottawa, Canada
>tboicey@brit.ca
>http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/

I agree - same thing happened to my '7. It was a leaking clutch
slave-cylinder. For some reason, reverse is the hardest to get into/ out of
when the clutch isn't achieving its full range of motion.

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia