Oil pressure of a Spitfire 15000 engine

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Oil pressure of a Spitfire 15000 engine
From: Becarjm@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 13:05:09 EST
Hi folks,

I'm Jean Michel Bécar from the south of France (Nice) and I've been following
with a great interest the triumph discussion list now for 3 months. But today
I've a litlle question for all of you who have a spitfire 1500.

2 years ago I changed my engine against a rebuild one from england, I was very
happy to have a new engine in my car but 4 months later the light of the oil
pressure began to be on at 1000 rm and below but when I press the accelator a
little bit everything was OK until I openned my engine for maintenance and the
surprise the camshaft was completly worn after 10 000 km !!!!!! so I changed
it again in December and decided to rebuild all the top of the engine and
yesterday I saw the horrible oil pressure light on at 1000 rm.
So I'm preplex.

Does anybody had the same adventure and where could be problem ???
Help Help me please. Thanks in advance for all your advice and answer, I need
to be cheer, I'm beginning to deseparate to have a good engine !!!!

Jean-Michel Becar
becarjm@aol.com