Dating TR 3B

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dating TR 3B
From: Ashley Southgate <ashleys@es.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 12:01:36 +1300
   After sodia blasting 3B TSF 110L i have found a steel makers imprint on
the steel panel. It has a approx 3inch outline box with numbers & above the
outline is a roof shape outline & the following is shown, In the roof shape
looks like the word -"WALLIS"   below this looks like a set of farmer disc
harrows with the words "WELSH DRAGON",      Then in the lower outline are
this numbers,-14-1-62
57841-----12.
30 NA 75/3.                                 To me this 3B was not made up of
same parts left over from the 3A production line,the date of 14-1-62 when
the steel was made was used for new pressing for the reintroduction of
3Bs.Has any others found this printing on TR steel panels.I have taken a
photo for the record.     Note the markings are eitched on-, not stamped by
punch.
Ashley in NZ.
12-2-98 Further dating update. Found 9-61 date on steering box.