Re: suspension paint?

To: rick <rbacon@netcom.ca>
Subject: Re: suspension paint?
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@idirect.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 15:29:41 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I have used POR-15 on suspension parts and they really come out great. I
used the gloss black finish and it is surprising the finish you get with
only one coat. And a little goes a long way. I just bought some more to
do my seat frames and other suspension parts that I didn't get done
before.
There is one caveat you should be aware of. POR-15 is an epoxy type of
product that will harden after it has been opened. I have asked my local
supplier whether it was triggered on air contact or moisture. He says
both but I don't think he is 100% correct. He also said it seems to be
activated by the dipping of the brush and I think this just transfers
more moisture or air into the mix. Keep it cool when not in use by
putting it in the fridge to extend its useful life. Buy only the amount
you will use. I bought three of the sample bottles rather than a pint.
It cost about the same amount but I don't have to worry about it going
hard without getting to use it all. It will hardened within about 3
months (less if not cooled).

Vic Whitmore
Triumph Spitfire 76
Thornhill, Ontario