Re: Welding Question

To: VB157234@shellus.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Welding Question
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 11:08:26 EST
In a message dated 98-02-10 08:19:07 EST, VB157234@shellus.com writes:

> In the process of doing a head job on my TR4, I found a long crack on the
>  exhaust manifold. It does not appear to have been leaking yet. It is 3/4's
>  around the number 4 port. Can this be welded with any success? Many thanks!

Vern, my exhaust manifold had a crack which was welded.  Lasted about 6
months.  Problem, I believe, is that the manifold is cast to start with and is
then subject to very high temperatures.  I found a junk yard in Wash or Oregon
and bought an exhaust manifold from off one of their wrecks.  It cost me less
than $75 in '92.  Cheers.

Art Kelly