TR4 Brakes

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 Brakes
From: MRobe33243@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 18:42:16 EST
Some time ago (5 years) a gorilla with dyslexia installed new brake linings on
my 4. I attended the  ceremony where he had no problem installing the left
shoes but had one hell of a time with the right side.  After much struggle, he
finally molded the drum over the brakes, and that the brakes will wear in
after a few miles.  At the time, I acknowledged his prognosis... I drove home
and put the 4 up on blocks where it has rested for five years.  The itch to
drive a true machine returned two weeks ago and I attempted to roll the 4 out
of the garage and found it would noit roll under any pressure..  I attempted
to remove the drum with a drum puller, with and without heat, with all the
pressure I could exert (resulting in compressed axle threads) to no avail.  As
dumb luck would have it, I stumbled into this profound plethora of Triumph
Wizards and trust that your collective expertise will lead me to a solution.
Your humble dimwit. Bob(as in Boob) Roberts