Rockers Broken

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rockers Broken
From: geo@ohio.net
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 15:54:06 GMT
I've a chance to purchase a '67 spit. The car has been stored inside for 8
years and is in great shape. The rocker valve train is broken. How should
this be fixed? When this breaks do small parts find their way in to the
engine internals, I could use a magnet to fish out any parts from the push
rod openings in the head. Do I need to remove the head to fix? I've rebuilt
many spits over the years and I have a replacement rocker arm, does the same
rocker arm fit all the series engines? I know about the other problems
inherent with the 8 year sit, but I've never had a rocker arm break while
running. Thanks geo