Body and Paint Questions

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Body and Paint Questions
From: "Craig & Karen Bentley" <mmbent@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 14:55:46 -0500
Hello listers, been here lurking again for a while and got a couple of
questions for the collective wisdom. I'm still working on the TR6 (body off)
and am getting closer to painting the old thing. Any way here goes. I was
always lead to believe that the use of "body solder" was THE WAY to go.
However I was talking to the bodyshop manager where I work and he said that
while there are definitely some merits to using solder there were definitely
drawbacks. His biggest concern was that it is somewhat acidic (SP?) and will
eventually "eat" the paint no matter what you do to seal it. My biggest
concern  is that plastic (I.e. Bondo) would tend not to flex and would
eventually crack. This is a problem especially around the "B" post/ rear
deck & extension area on my car as the repo extensions were not of the
greatest quality and are going to need considerable reworking. I hate body
work so I'm trying to find the longest lasting most durable solution so that
I don't have to do this again. Any opinions??  Thanks in advance  Sincerely
Craig Bentley