Re: Dyslexia and mechanics and Spitfire door gaps

To: Michael Bayrock <michael_bayrock@bctinet.bctransit.com>
Subject: Re: Dyslexia and mechanics and Spitfire door gaps
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 15:26:44 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Michael Bayrock wrote:

>      And back to the LBC thread ... the door 'spaces' in my GT6 Convertible
>      appear to be different sizes.  At least, the door gaps on the driver's
>      size are non-existent where there are some gaps on the passenger side.
>
>      Has anyone measured the length of the door space or triangulated the
>      interior of a Spitfire to provide a baseline measure for the
>      gappically challenged?

Michael,
Has anybody in the past replaced the Lower "A" posts and/or rocker
panels.  If so, this will likely be the culprit in your door gap
problem.  If the things are not attached with the door measurements
taken into consideration, that phenomenon will result.

Joe Curry

--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing