Re[2]: Dyslexia and mechanics and Spitfire door gaps

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re[2]: Dyslexia and mechanics and Spitfire door gaps
From: "Michael Bayrock" <michael_bayrock@bctinet.bctransit.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 10:34:40 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

No, Joe.  It's a 1981 tub that I picked up in '82  after it had an engine fire
that spread into the interior.  I had the tub sand blasted, and all the metal
looked solid.  The only questionable thing was that it appeared to have a patch
panel brazed and welded just behind the b-post on the driver's side. hmmm, the
same side with the problems, that is...

Maybe it's time for another frame off...

Michael
michael_bayrock@bctransit.com

.Joe Curry wrote:
.
.Has anybody in the past replaced the Lower "A" posts and/or rocker panels.  If
.so, this will likely be the culprit in your door gap problem.  If the things
.are not attached with the door measurements taken into consideration, that
.phenomenon will result.