Dyslexia and mechanics and Spitfire door gaps

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dyslexia and mechanics and Spitfire door gaps
From: "Michael Bayrock" <michael_bayrock@bctinet.bctransit.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 13:47:40 -0800
     [lurk mode off]

     James, good on you!  I have also been quite intolerant of poor
     spelling and grammar, and you have made me rethink some things. Thanks

     On a related topic, I also am dyslexic, but not as severely as most
     are.  For me, the main difficulty is from telling 'right' from 'left',
     and reading some type faces.  The main manifestations of the
     right/left thing appear when I'm a co-driver (navigator) in a rally,
     and when I'm wrenching on the car.  I'm always having to check and
     recheck which way I *want* to turn.  Have you faced anything like
     this, James?

     And back to the LBC thread ... the door 'spaces' in my GT6 Convertible
     appear to be different sizes.  At least, the door gaps on the driver's
     size are non-existent where there are some gaps on the passenger side.

     Has anyone measured the length of the door space or triangulated the
     interior of a Spitfire to provide a baseline measure for the
     gappically challenged?

     Michael
     michael_bayrock@bctransit.com
     1971 GT6+ Convertable