Re: oxygen sensor - cheap LED solution

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: oxygen sensor - cheap LED solution
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 5 Feb 98 9:15:04
James Carpenter wrote:

 >>I am planning on using a CO detector as oposed to an oxygen
sensor.  These are not effectid by leaded petrol unlike Oxygen
sensors.  You have to be cairful of lead deposits, but not much
else.  They are cheaper, RS do one for @15 Quid, plus VAT.  This
has a heater contained 5 pins, 2 to the heater, and three to the
sensor.  This compensated for differing restances dew to heat.

RS should be able to supply data sheets for this detector.  These
detectors detect CO and unburnt fule.  They more CO they detect
the less the oxygen content.  This meens that if the CO is high,
you should lean out your fule, if it's low you should increse
the fule to air ratio.

This sensor might be more usefull for passing your veical emmitions
test, because you can calbrate it, and tune your car to what they
wan't.

If you think about it, the oxygen sensor only covers the range of
lean to chemicly balanced, where as the CO detectors cover the
range rich to chemicly balanced.  Because the CO detectors also
detect unburnt fule, you can work out how much oxygen is not
burning, and from that if your cars engin is functioning corectly.
That is timing, etc.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot <<

Veical?  Emmitions?  Fule?  God love ya, James, but I think that sound I hear is
the Qween scheduleling an Inglish lessin ...

--EM Ess