TR6 Windscreen wiper switch

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Windscreen wiper switch
From: t_geiger@juno.com
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 09:39:18 -0600
Hi All:

The dash project continues on TR6.  Guages are ready and dashboard should
be back from the wood shop this week.

While I have the dash out, I'd like to remedy a pesky problem with the
wiper switch.  On my '74, there is a Lucas wiper switch with a plastic
housing.  This housing is in poor condition and the entire switch tends
to turn when trying to activtate the wipers. I've noticed most other
TR6's that use this twist style switch have the same problem.  If I
replace the switch with an expensive stock switch I'm afraid I'll have
the same problem in a few years.  Has anyone retrofitted a modern switch
to the TR6??  I'd prefer one that I could modify them stem to allow it to
accept the stock knob.

Thanks in advance,

Terry Geiger
1974 Triumph TR6 in Mimosa Yellow
Recovering Sunbeam Addict
Florence, Alabama USA

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]