V8s

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: V8s
From: "Scott Kohl" <sdkgt6@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 18:53:31 PST
Hi, all.
IMHO, the Rover V8 is the only logical choice for our cars.  It is (a
LOT) lighter than the six, close to the fours in fact, and the five
speed is a straight fit (to the engine anyway), or GM slushboxes, if
you're so inclined.  I must confess I find all these small-block
Ford/Chevy conversions puzzling--yeah, I know they're (a LOT) cheaper,
but since when is that the largest factor?  From the look of Dan's car,
he is not doing it on the cheap anyway.  If my 5 speed conversion works,
and I do the RX7 diff thing at some point, I may do a (Rover) V8 GT6
(GT8?).

Cheers

Scott Kohl
'69 GT6+