Re: purchasing a triumph

To: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Subject: Re: purchasing a triumph
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 08:08:54 -0800
Cc: blomberg@get2net.dk, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
James,
I agree with most of what you say, subject to a lot of personal
preference.  My answer to your good and bad points are in what I have
done:
'63 Mk1
1500 engine
High compression pistons
Free flow exhaust herder and Monza exhaust,
MkIV Full Synchro Tranny
1500 Swing-Spring and front sway-bar
Oil Cooler (and pressure Gauge)
Electric Pusher Fan
4.11 differential (Shortly to change to 3.89)

Joe Curry

P.S.  I used to feel about styling the way you do, but I've begun to
warm up to the later model bodywork after seeing some of the outstanding
cars owned by some members of this list.

--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing