Re: purchasing a triumph

To: blomberg@get2net.dk
Subject: Re: purchasing a triumph
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 13:42:23 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Illegal-object: Syntax error in References: value found on gateway.ukaea.org.uk:References: <md5:3188C420FEE2A3981F33A2AD5BE63FD0> ^-illegal end of message identification
I realy like my Spit 1500, although I havent managed to drive it
much.  You can probebly get a better 1500 for less, than all the
rest of the spitfires, if you are prepaired to put up with the fact
that it don't look as good as the 4's(Mk1) and Mk2's, maybe Mk3's.

Standad checks, for filler of rust, hair line cracks hiding somthing
worse ect.

Don't wory about the engin condition, it is easy to get out,
fix, and in again.  It's the easyest car I have known to work
on.  Still use it as a means to cut the price down.

Wory about the body work, chassy condition, noises from the
propshaft, and the gear box.

Remember the 1500 gear box is all synchro, whist the rest arn't.
Do you like a synchro for first?

Which one you wan't depends on your tast.  For somthing nippy
the 1300 is probebly best.  But the 1500 has more torke, and
so shoves you back in your seat more, and gets up hills without
beeing driven at 5000 rpm.

The mk. 3 1300 engin has more BHP than the 1500, but the 1500
has more tourke.  The mark 4 1500 has less BHP.
MK. 3 block, spit 1500 head, extractor manifold, and electonic
fan conversion are about the most efective set-up you can get.
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot