Re: body patch panels?

To: drew@pixar.com
Subject: Re: body patch panels?
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 20:58:21 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 23 Jan 1998 drew@pixar.com wrote:

> What's a good source of sheet steel for use as patch panels and
> such? I assume I should avoid galvanized. Any info would be
> appreciated.

Get thee to a scrap yard, arm thyself with a hack saw (Milwaukee Sawzall
if you can find a plug in), and removeth the roof from something big,
ugly, and made in Detroit.

Mid 70s T-Bird or Plymouth Behemoth or whatever looks shot.  You can
usually find a gutted car sitting in the back 'on the way out' that the
scrapyard guy won't mind you chopping up.

Or you can buy it new.  Talk to the fellas at a welding shop, around here
it's $50 cdn or so for a 4x8 sheet.

Do not let Bruce Clough know I said this ;-)

-Malcolm