Spit Speakers -seats

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit Speakers -seats
From: wave@ravenet.com (Will Daly)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 20:39:27 -0800
Hi Triumph Soundsters,

As an alternative to a cabinet or box speaker system (takes up cabin
space and WILL get stolen in my neighborhood) I mounted 6" JBL woofers
into the bottom of the seats. The 1/2" plywood mount also helped the
sagging foam cushions.  Tiny surface tweeters in the top corner of the
doors supply great highs and 5 1/4" drivers (with spacers) in the kick
panels comlete it.  A three-way active crossover tunes cutoffs, slopes,
and phasing for each pair of speakers. 25, 45, and 75 watt amplifiers in
the trunk drive them rather well.

A proper encloser behind the seats would definately give more accurate
bass response, but must be driven at much louder levels to get the bass
to activate and hit you - at which point you're blasting the highs and
mids, also ( neighbors start to bitch :)

These seat woofers are not heard outside the vehicle and work well at
low levels. I won't get into the digestive benefits....

Will of Wilmington
'74 TR6