Re: Wanted: emissions air manifold for 79 Fed Spit

To: Shawn Mann <shawmon@worldnet.att.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wanted: emissions air manifold for 79 Fed Spit
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 21:23:05 -0500
At 03:46 PM 1/22/98 -0500, Shawn Mann wrote:
>Hello Listers,
>
>Well, the subject says it all.  I need an air manifold for a 79 Federal
>Spitfire (the kind that attaches to the back of the exhaust manifold,
>not the air rail that attaches to the top of the head).  The PO took off
>the air pump systems.  I was able to get the pump from a salvage yard,
>but I need the part that connects to the exhaust manifold.  Anyone??
>

>TIA
>
>Shawn Mann

Shawn,

If you have the original exhaust manifold you can probably make a new part.
  The ends are the same fittings as on the short u-shaped pipe on the EGR
valve. Buy compression fittings at a plumbing supply or hardware store.

Buy the correct size pipe and bend to your needs.  That's how I replaced my
corroded original.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO

Succasunna, NJ USA
"There are three types of people in this world:
those that are good with numbers, and those that aren't."