Re: wood dash TR4

To: Dennis Barr <tr357@cdsnet.net>
Subject: Re: wood dash TR4
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 23:04:37 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Dennis Barr wrote:

> Have any of you purchased a wood dash for a TR4 or equal from the place
> in Campbell California ? They look great in the pix, but are expensive.
> How do they attach to the dash area or do they somehow go over the top
> of the metal dash?  Any help would be appreciated.

I believe that a wood dash replaces the metal dash.  I'm not sure how they
attach.  Maybe they are different enough to be incompatible.

Right now I am in the process of applying veneer to a metal dash.  A
previous owner/mechanic painted it with two-tone brown to 'simulate' wood.
It looks like wood, but only if you don't know what wood looks like!

I have a box of veneer scraps that I am going to use.  It it normal veneer
with no glue attached.  I am using teak (I think; looks like teak but not
labeled)-- therefore, I won't be varnishing it, only oiling.

Maybe this isn't the info you seek, but I had to get it off my chest ;-)

-Malcolm