Re: wood dash TR4

To: Jan Viebrock <Denkmalamt_Hessen@t-online.de>
Subject: Re: wood dash TR4
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 08:01:21 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Jan Viebrock wrote:

> yes, the wood dash goes over the top of the metal dash. If the wood dash is
> correct, it comes with the holes for rhe screws predrilled. There you have to
> drill holes in the metal dash. Some of the lights can stay in place, but the
> better result is to remove the dials and gauges an bring them to the wood
>dash
> surface. The metal dash is constructive part of the chassis and therefor not
> removable.

Ok, I beleive that...  I'd guess the small hole in the metal dash (between
the speedo & tach) is for holding the wood dash on...?

As for the metal dash, if yours won't come out, it's probably welded in.
Mine came out without too much fuss (you do have to remove more bolts than
Haynes claims tho- there are two that tie the sides of the dash (fascia)
to the door A-post)

-Malcolm