TR2 distributor Q's

To: "'jgillis@tcd.ie'" <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Subject: TR2 distributor Q's
From: Mark Gendron <markge@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 14:32:53 -0800
Cc: "'Triumphs - submissions'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Mark Gendron <markge@MICROSOFT.com>
Whatever you do, DO NOT send this in as a core to a rebuilder!
You will get a later model distributor that will probably work fine,
but will not be original for the TR2.

The springs are supposed to be different gauge. This causes the two weights
to move outward at a different rate from each other, providing a different
advance curve than if both springs were identical.

I don't recall how the tach drive bearing is secured. There may be a
setscrew.
Whatever you do, be gentle. Definitely don't remove the threaded plug to
which the tach cable fastens, even though it can be unthreaded from the
drive bearing. The portion of the drive bearing with the internal threads
that accept this plug are quite thin, and easily distorted after the plug
is removed, preventing the plug from being reinstalled. Yes, I goofed
up on this once.

From: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>