Re: SU throttle shaft question

To: astorey@magni.berry.edu
Subject: Re: SU throttle shaft question
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 16:23:01 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
Alan,

> I would appreciate information on the use of oversized throttle
> shafts in SU carbs.  I have a 65 Spit with a definite air leak at
> the throttle shaft on one of the carburetors.  I plan to rebuild
> these carburetors soon, and I was wondering if I should use
> oversized shafts.  Should I just have the bushes replaced if the
> shafts are not worn to badly?  Is that something I can do myself?

There are no bushes in the HS2 carbs on the spitfire.  I put
oversized shafts in my 64 spit and it made a world of difference in
the idle characteristics.  Well worth the money to do it.  If you
want recommendations on where to have the machine work let me know.

But definitely put oversize in.

Brad
1964 Spitfire           BFC25720L
1964 TR4