Hissing clutch

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hissing clutch
From: Ben@seiph.umds.ac.uk
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 09:39:07 +0000
I swear that Herald of mine keeps going wrong just to keep you lot on your toes
- a new query...

Over the last 6 months I've noticed a slight squeak from the clutch when I rest
my foot on the pedal while driving.
Simple - I got out of the habit of resting it there.Yesterday it developed into
a hiss.

This hiss only appears when my foot is off the clutch, both cruising in gear
and idling in neutral. It disappears when
I press the pedal. No slipping, takeup is a fine, all seems normal except this
hissing. Still, the squeak's gone, maybe I
should just refind that bad habit.

Any advice on  what I should take apart and look for first?

Thanks again,

Ben
Brighton, UK