Re: Hissing clutch

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Hissing clutch
From: "Peter Gillis" <pgillis@cosmedia.ie>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 10:03:53 -0000

Ben wrote

> I swear that Herald of mine keeps going wrong just to keep you lot on
your toes - a new query...

> Over the last 6 months I've noticed a slight squeak from the clutch when
I rest my foot on the pedal while driving.
> Simple - I got out of the habit of resting it there.Yesterday it
developed into a hiss.

> This hiss only appears when my foot is off the clutch, both cruising in
gear and idling in neutral. It disappears when
> I press the pedal. No slipping, takeup is a fine, all seems normal except
this hissing. Still, the squeak's gone, maybe I
> should just refind that bad habit.
>
> Any advice on  what I should take apart and look for first?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Ben
> Brighton, UK

Ben
I reckon you could do with a new release bearing, a messy old job, as it
means gearbox
out and hands in to the dirty end of the gearbox.

Cheers
Peter Gillis
69 2000 Mk1
63 TR4